When I turned 40 – 25 years ago – I reached a major turning point in my life. I was not too many years from finishing a 16-year career in professional baseball, but I was also married with three young girls and was in a new career. Tougher than dealing with all of that was the fact that, for the first time in my life, I was faced with feeling the physical and mental aging process. I had less mental energy; I was losing my muscle mass expanding out of my size 34 jeans. I started getting frequent mouth ulcers. I got debilitating flu at least 2 times a year. Luckily, in 1991, things changed for the better.
I was introduced to two nutritional research scientists, Durk Pearson and Sandy Shaw, whose lives’ work was to find out how to slow the aging process. Durk and Sandy shared truthful, scientific information with me about how using certain nutrients in adequate amounts could have a dramatic effect on my health. My wife, Michelle, and I have been sharing this information through our company, Life Priority, since 1994.
As we all age, our risks of getting heart disease, high blood pressure, cancers, dementia, and other diseases increase. In the case of men, there is also a chance for getting prostate cancer.
Since September is National Prostate Cancer Awareness month, every year I dedicate an article to helping educate men about simple steps for how to improve the health of the prostate gland. Prostate cancer is the second leading cause of cancer deaths among men, with an estimated 239,000 men diagnosed in 2013.
Here are my 4 simple tips to promote prostate health:
- Get a yearly physical, including a prostate exam, with a healthcare professional.
- Set lifestyle goals! Educate yourself about what certain nutrients and foods promote overall health, especially prostate heath.
- Exercise! Be concerned about excess belly fat.
- Take high-quality dietary supplements! These supplements are formulated to help insure against the gaps in your diet.
For overall health and to encourage a healthy prostate, consider consuming the following list of nutrients that should be in your diet, especially men that are 40 and older: lycopene, zinc, vitamin D-3, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin C, calcium, magnesium, B vitamins, and Co-Q 10.
It is often difficult to get enough of these nutrients from your diet. You can get most of the nutrients listed above from Life Priority through our One-Per-Meal Lifeguard, Omega-3 Priority, Prostate Priority, Vitamin D3 Priority, Calcium Priority, Magnesium Priority, and CoQ Priority products.
I personally use all of the Life Priority supplements listed above every day. I am almost 65 and I do not take any medications. I no longer get colds, the flu or mouth ulcers. I have great mental energy and focus. Most of us can’t get everything that our body needs from the diet, so we hope you’ll reach your own turning point like I did!
Treat yourself to a healthier, more energetic life. Please investigate the information on each product listed above. For a free, personal, nutritional counseling session with me, send me an email to email@example.com or call me at 1-800-787-5438.
Using some baseball terminology, I feel like I can “touch all of my bases” through the use of the 4 different Life Priority supplements below. All men who want to “score” with their health, including the prostate, can hit a “Grand Slam” by using these 4 supplements every day:
- One Per Meal Lifeguard™ – First Base – You can’t get to first base nutritionally without using a great multiple vitamin/mineral (multi) after every meal to fill in the nutrition gaps lacking in your diet. One Per Meal is a potent, research-based, multi with a great blend of all of the B vitamins and potent anti-oxidants. Take one capsule of One Per Meal Lifeguard™ 3 times a day after meals for a solid “base hit”.
- Omega-3 Priority™ – Second Base – Get in scoring position with our Omega-3 Priority. Omega-3 Priority is a pharmaceutical-grade, concentrated fish oil product that is good for both heart and brain health and the prostate. Getting the essential omega-3 fatty acids in adequate amounts in the diet is difficult. Researchers believe fish oil helps lower heart disease risk through several mechanisms: It mildly thins the blood, helps prevent arrhythmias, lowers triglyceride and homocysteine levels, and protects the cardiovascular system from inflammation. A 2011 study, a low-fat diet plus a hefty 5-gram daily dose of fish oil slowed prostate cancer cell proliferation in patients awaiting surgery. Another new study found that in healthy young people, fish oil lowered not only inflammation markers, but also anxiety.
- Prostate Priority™ – Third Base – You are ready to score now with Prostate Priority. Prostate Priority is a special blend of nutrients combined to support a health prostate. These nutrients include saw palmetto, lycopene, pygeum, pumpkin seed oil extract, vitamin D3 and zinc. Lycopene is a carotenoid found in tomatoes, papaya, and other reddish foods, Lycopene appears to increase antioxidant activity in the body protecting against DNA damage according to a recent study. The study also indicated that lycopene lowered heart disease risk factors like hypertension and C-reactive protein (CRP). Some research links high lycopene blood levels with protection against prostate and other cancers; eating lycopene-rich diced tomatoes or tomato paste also appears to protect against UV skin damage.
- Vitamin D3 Priority™ – Home Plate – You will score with Vitamin D3 Priority. You will get stranded on third base if you do not get adequate amounts of vitamin D3 in your diet. One capsule of Vitamin D3 Priority provides 2,000 iu of Vitamin D3 in each capsule. Despite a flood of recent research news supporting the values of vitamin D3 for the brain, bones, muscles, and the immune system, most people are deficient. In several studies, low blood levels of vitamin D have been associated with increased heart disease risk.
I have my nutritional bases covered… Do you? Don’t get caught looking at strike 3! An out of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
MLB Player 1971 – 1996
President of Life Priority, Inc.
Life Priority, established in 1994, offers supplements that are scientifically-formulated, results-oriented, and GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe) and are manufactured at USDA and FDA inspected facilities.
*The products and statements made about specific products on this web site have not been evaluated by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. All information provided on this web site or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional. You should not use the information on this web site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem. Always consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new vitamins, supplements, diet, or exercise program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem.
*Any testimonials on this web site are based on individual results and do not constitute a guarantee that you will achieve the same results.